The Institute is administered by a Governing Council headed by the Chairman assisted by the Director General, the Director and Deans of Hospitality and Tourism Management. The council comprises representatives from the Government of India and the State Govt of Andhra Pradesh, along with experts and entrepreneurs from tourism / hospitality industry in India and abroad. A team comprising members from the Governing council and members of the faculty will look after the day to day administration of the Institute.
Dr.YSR NITHM GOVERNING COUNCIL AND MEMBERS :
The following is the composition of Dr. YSR NITHM Governing Council. The period of Governing Council is 3 years.
- Special Chief Secretary to Government (T)
- Commissioner, Department of Tourism, Govt. of AP
- Principal Secretary to Government, Higher Education, Government of AP
- Managing Director, Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation Ltd.
- Registrar, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Kukatpally, Hyderabad
- Sri Prasad, Travel Express
- Director, National Institute of Tourism & Hospitality Management (NITHM), Hyderabad
- Additional Director General or his nominee, Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, New Delhi
- Director, IITTM, Gwalior
- Financial Advisor or his nominee
- Director, NCHMCT, New Delhi
The Governing Council meets once in three months to review progress made by Dr. YSR NITHM and if necessary calls for extra-ordinary meeting.